Saturday, March 01, 2008

Larry Norman 4/8/47 - 2/24/08

I first heard about Larry Norman when I was in high school. A friend of mine's younger brother brought home Larry's album Something New Under the Son. Their father was one of our pastors, and when he saw the album, he blew up and told his son to get rid of it. When he asked why, his father said that Larry was a "Christian Satanist." I thought that was rather curious, and I decided I needed to get the album for myself and see what this was all about. For me, it has been almost thirty years of learning and loving this gifted man. I am now a minister; Larry is in Paradise, and the devil doesn't have all the good music. I'll see you over Jordan, Larry. Thank you for your ministry, and I thank God for you, Larry. www.larrynorman.com

No comments: