Monday, October 30, 2006

Monday Puritan

"Before I was a vile wretched worm, one who was a child of wrath and under the curse of the Law, one liable to all the fruits of God's eternal wrath, to be a castaway forever for all I knew. And the Lord now has given me hopes that I shall see His face with joy, that all my sins are pardoned, that my soul is accepted, that I am one who belongs to His eternal election, one whom He has separated for good. I hope I am one who shall have the fruit of all the purchase of the blood of Jesus Christ, that I shall live forever with God to enjoy communion with Him, that I shall be with Christ in His Kingdom to all eternity, and have a crown of glory incorruptible; that I shall join with the saints and angels to be eternally blessing and praising God in the highest heavens. I have hopes of such things as these are." -- Jeremiah Burroughs, Hope, p. 59.

No comments: