Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Thanksgiving Letter 2016



Second Reformed Church
132 Elmwood Ave.
Irvington, NJ 07111
 “Oh give thanks to the LORD; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples! Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works! Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice! Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually! Remember the wondrous works that he has done, his miracles and the judgments he uttered, O offspring of Israel his servant, children of Jacob, his chosen ones!” (1 Chronicles 16:8-13, ESV).
                                                                                                            November 26, 2016
Dear Members and Friends of Second Reformed Church,
            I am thankful I am alive.
            I am thankful for my family and friends.
            I am thankful for Second Reformed Church – both the building and her congregation (church).
            I am thankful for my home.
            I am thankful for my cat.
            I am thankful for music.
            I am thankful for books.
            I am thankful for my doctors.
            I am thankful I can think.
            I am thankful for the Triune God, His salvation through His Son, Jesus, His Word, and the grace, blessing, and mercy He shows me.
            I am thankful for my sense of humor.
            I am thankful for chocolate truffles, pizza, coke, eggplant, and chickpeas.
            I am thankful for Providence and 20/20 hindsight.
            I am thankful for all the good of the interweb.
            I am thankful I live now in history and in the United States.
            I am thankful for my life.

Happy Thanksgiving!
In His Service,

Rev. Dr. Peter A. Butler, Jr., pastor

No comments: