Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Review: "Leaving Your Mark Without Losing Your Mind"


            My friend, Tom, gave me a copy of Leaving Your Mark Without Losing Your Mind:  Overcoming Seven Obstacles to the Important Work of Your Life by Mark Brouwer, and it a book that I found helpful and encouraging, especially given my current circumstances.

            The seven obstacles Brouwer addresses are:

1.      Losing touch with what you really care s about and are committed to doing.

2.      Getting overwhelmed by the needs you encounter.

3.      Living with confusion about divine guidance and empowerment.

4.      Struggling with not having enough time.

5.      Getting burned out by high levels of stress and anxiety.

6.      Feeling disheartened by conflicts and difficult people.

7.      Getting discouraged and losing heart.

I am at a point of evaluation and seeking out how best to go forward, so it was very helpful to have Brouwer guide me through thinking about what is really important to me, what I really want to do and accomplish, and seeing that planning, setting markers, and recognizing what is in my control and what is not.

This is not a book to go through once and never look at again.  It is a book to go through, start to move in the direction that you believe is right and desire for yourself, and then refer back to to keep up healthy practices and thinking to get to the end of what you have set before you.

I am finding this a helpful book for me as I consider what is next and how to get there, and you may as well.

            [This review appears on my blog, Amazon.com, and Goodreads.com.]

No comments: