Sunday, May 24, 2020

Review: "Death in a White Tie" (manuscript)

Blackmail.  It’s a nasty word.  But some of the people in the upper class are being blackmailed – and during the season when the debutantes come out! Inspector Alleyn calls on his old friend – and friend to everyone who is someone – Lord Robert “Bunchy” Gospell to do some digging for him. 
When Bunchy’s keen eye directs him to the killer, he calls Alleyn, but is interrupted, and later murdered for his trouble. 
What had Bunchy figured out.  A cast of oblivious elites and scoundrels in white ties have to be sorted through before Alleyn can catch the blackmailer. 
I said #6 in the series was my favorite – well, #7 might be even better.  In fact, Dashiell Hammet said that this is “the best detective story I have ever read.” 
See if you can figure it out. 
            [This review appears on my blog, my YouTube channel, Amazon.com, and Goodreads.com.] 

No comments: