Friday, June 12, 2020

Review: "Revival"

I enjoy Stephen King’s writing.  There have only been a few of his works that I have said, “Meh” about.  But not all of them compel me to read them in two days.  Admittedly, Revival is a short novel for King – just over four hundred pages.  But he sucked me in – I had to know what would happen. 
Jamie is the youngest child of a typical Maine family  until young Rev. Charles David Jacobs accepts his first pastorate at the local Methodist church and he meets Jamie playing with his army men on a dirt mound.  Their lives would be intertwined for the next five decades – and not because of their faith in God – no, Rev Jacob’s lost that soon enough after the accident – but over the Power behind electricity – and the fact there there is always a price. 
Top ten of King’s work. 
[This review appears on my blog, my YouTube channel, Amazon.com, and Goodreads.com.] 

No comments: