Friday, January 29, 2021

Review: "I'm Thinking of Ending Things" (manuscript)

             She is thinking about ending things with Jake. It just isn’t working for her.  Jake is clueless – or so it seems.

Someone calls her and tells her the question must be answered – whatever that means – over and over.

Perhaps some things have double meanings.

Iain Reid’s debut novel, I’m Thinking of Ending Things is a psychological thriller concerning a girl and her boyfriend and what happens.

The writing is very readable and the dialog flows.  The post-story pages between each chapter leave the reader wondering what really happens.  Until it is revealed at the end of the novel.  I think.

The novel ends with an interview of the author and a discussion guide for book clubs.  And it is advertised to soon be a Netflix movie. 

An enjoyable read.

            [This review appears on my blog, my YouTube channel, Amazon.com, and Goodreads.com.]

No comments: